“Indulge in a savory masterpiece that celebrates the timeless flavors of bacon, onions, and tomatoes with our Bacon Onion Tomato Pie. This delectable creation offers a harmonious blend of smoky, sweet, and tangy notes, resulting in a dish that’s both comforting and utterly irresistible. Imagine a golden-brown crust, cradling layers of caramelized onions, crispy bacon, and juicy tomatoes that burst with flavor. With every forkful, you’ll experience the delightful contrast of savory bacon, the sweetness of onions, and the zesty tang of tomatoes, capturing the essence of homemade comfort food and the joy of savoring a dish that’s as heartwarming as it is flavorful. Whether enjoyed as a satisfying brunch option, a way to showcase the beauty of simple ingredients, or a celebration of the art of crafting flavors that delight the palate, our Bacon Onion Tomato Pie promises a culinary journey that captures the heart of indulgence and the pleasures of savoring layers of savory goodness in every heavenly bite.”
Bacon Onion Tomato Pie
1 9 inch pie shell
5 large tomatoes, peeled and sliced
4 slice bacon, cooked and chopped
1 sweet onion, sliced or chopped
1 tsp salt
1/2 tsp pepper
2 Tbsp milk
1/2 c mayonnaise
1 1/2 c sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
1/4 c Ritz crackers, crushed
2 tsp butter, melted
2 green onions (scallions), sliced
- Test Kitchen Tips: Tomatoes put off a lot of liquid naturally. If you want to avoid that, you can seed the tomatoes. Or, slice the tomatoes, place them on a paper towel with a little salt, and let the salt draw out some of the liquid.
- Prick the pie shell with a fork. Bake at 350 degrees for about 10 minutes.
- Fry bacon. Cook till tender. Drain and set aside.
- Peel and slice tomatoes to fill the bottom of the pie shell. Sprinkle with chopped onion, salt, and pepper.
- Layer more tomatoes; salt and pepper (again).
- Mix mayo, bacon, cheese, and milk. Spoon on top and pat down to cover tomatoes.
- Mix the crushed Ritz crackers and butter. Then spread on top of the pie.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes.
- Sprinkle scallions on top.