“Indulge in a taste of pure temptation with our ‘Better Than Anything’ Toffee Recipe. This exquisite creation takes the allure of traditional toffee to a whole new level, offering a symphony of textures and flavors that will leave you craving more. Imagine sinking your teeth into layers of buttery toffee, perfectly balanced with the smooth richness of sweetened condensed milk and the indulgent decadence of chocolate. Each bite offers a harmonious blend of crunch and creaminess, sweetness and depth. Whether crafted as a decadent dessert to share with loved ones, a crowd-pleasing potluck contribution, or a delightful way to pamper yourself, our ‘Better Than Anything’ Toffee Recipe promises an unforgettable culinary journey that celebrates the art of creating confections that are truly irresistible.”
Better Than Anything Toffee Recipe
1 cup coarsely chopped pecans
1 cup unsalted butter
1 cup granulated sugar
½ teaspoon kosher salt
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 cup milk chocolate chips
- Spray a 9-inch square baking dish with cooking spray and line with parchment paper.
- Spread the chopped pecans in a single layer on top of the parchment.1 cup coarsely chopped pecans
- Add butter, sugar, and salt to a heavy bottomed 3 quart pot.1 cup unsalted butter,1 cup granulated sugar,½ teaspoon kosher salt
- Bring to a boil over medium low heat, stirring frequently to dissolve the sugar.
- Once the candy is boiling, stir occasionally, slowly and evenly, until the candy has reached 290°F to 300°F, or “hard crack” on a candy thermometer.
- Once the candy has reached 290°F-300°F, remove from heat and gently stir in the vanilla extract.1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Carefully pour the mixture over the chopped pecans.
- Let the candy sit for a few minutes, undisturbed, before sprinkling the chocolate chips over the top.1 cup milk chocolate chips
- Cover the baking dish with foil and let sit for 5 minutes or until the chocolate has softened.
- Remove the foil and gently spread the softened chocolate into an even layer. An offset spatula works best for this.
- Place the candy in the refrigerator and let cool completely. Give it at least 2 hours.
- Lift the parchment out of the baking dish and place the toffee on a cutting board or solid surface.
- Use a knife to gently break it into smaller pieces. Store in an airtight container in a cool place.
- Toffee should be stored in an airtight container for up 2 weeks. You want the toffee to stay cool and dry so store it away from heat and moisture. Toffee can get sticky so keep that in mind if you live in a humid environment.