“Experience the heartwarming embrace of comfort food with our Broccoli Cheddar Chicken Pot Pie. This delightful creation marries the classic flavors of a hearty pot pie with the beloved combination of tender broccoli and creamy cheddar cheese. Imagine tender pieces of chicken, seasoned to perfection, nestled alongside vibrant broccoli florets in a velvety cheese sauce, all cocooned within a flaky, golden pastry crust. With every bite, you’ll savor the harmonious blend of savory chicken, comforting vegetables, and the indulgent richness of cheddar cheese that defines this delectable dish. Whether enjoyed as a wholesome family dinner, a way to elevate weeknight meals, or a celebration of the timeless joy that comes from savoring a comforting pot pie, our Broccoli Cheddar Chicken Pot Pie promises a culinary journey that captures the essence of homey goodness in every mouthwatering morsel.”
Broccoli Cheddar Chicken Pot Pie
2 pie crusts, unbaked
2 tablespoons butter
1/2 white onion, chopped
2 cloves garlic, minced
2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
1 cup whole milk
4 oz cream cheese, softened
1/4 teaspoon ground mustard
2 cups sharp cheddar cheese, grated and divided
3 cups cooked chicken, chopped or shredded
1 1/2 cups frozen broccoli florets
Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 350°F and grease a 9-inch pie dish with butter or nonstick spray. Line with one of the pie crusts. Set aside.
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, melt the butter. Add the onion and cook until starting to soften, 2 minutes. Add the garlic and cook 1 minute more.
- Stir in the flour and let cook 1 minute. Gradually stir in milk, followed by the cream cheese. Cook, stirring frequently, until cream cheese melts and mixture thickens. Season with ground mustard, salt and pepper.
- Turn off heat and stir in 1 1/2 cups of the cheddar cheese until melted. Stir in broccoli and chicken.
- Pour mixture into pie shell and top with remaining cheese. Put second pie crust on top and fold and crimp edges of the crusts to seal. Cut 4 slits in the center of the pie.
- Whisk egg with 1 tablespoon of water and brush over top crust.
- Bake until golden brown, 40-45 minutes. Let rest 10 minutes before serving. Enjoy!