Indulge in a symphony of sweet and savory delights with Ruth’s Chris Sweet Potato Casserole. This culinary masterpiece captures the essence of comfort and sophistication, elevating a humble ingredient into a decadent experience. Imagine velvety, caramelized sweet potatoes, kissed by a delicate blend of spices and crowned with a buttery, pecan-studded crust that adds a delightful crunch to every bite. With each spoonful, you’re transported to a world where simplicity meets elegance, where the rich flavors of the South harmonize in perfect balance. Ruth’s Chris Sweet Potato Casserole is not just a dish – it’s an invitation to savor the finer things in life, a testament to culinary artistry that delights both the palate and the soul. Join us in savoring this culinary masterpiece that embodies warmth, flavor, and a legacy of exceptional dining.
Ruth Chris’ Sweet Potato Casserole
1 cup brown sugar
1/3 cup flour
1 cup chopped nuts (pecans preferred)
1/3 stick butter — melted (Do not omit or reduce this amount)
SWEET POTATO MIXTURE
3 cups mashed sweet potatoes (Garnets looks best and I bake mine first)
1 cup sugar
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon vanilla
2 eggs — well beaten
1 stick butter — ( 1/2 cup) melted (You can leave it out or reduce it, if you wish)
- Combine brown sugar, flour, nuts and butter in mixing bowl. Set aside.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine sweet potatoes, sugar, salt, vanilla, eggs and butter in a mixing bowl in the order listed. Mix thoroughly.
- Pour mixture into buttered baking dish.
- Sprinkle the surface of the sweet potato mixture evenly with the crust mixture.
- Bake for 30 minutes. Allow to set at least 30 minutes before serving.
- Serves 6 Hint: Double the recipe. People will love the leftovers, which also freeze beautifully.