“Embark on a culinary journey to the heart of Scandinavia with our Swedish Meatball Noodle Bake. This delightful creation brings together the comforting flavors of tender meatballs and creamy sauces in a dish that’s as satisfying as it is comforting. Imagine succulent meatballs, seasoned to perfection and nestled amidst a bed of tender egg noodles, all enveloped in a velvety sauce that’s rich with the essence of traditional Swedish flavors. With every forkful, you’ll experience the perfect balance of savory meat, comforting noodles, and a touch of creamy indulgence that captures the heart and soul of Scandinavian cuisine. Whether enjoyed as a cozy family dinner, a celebration of international tastes, or a way to relish the magic of comfort food with a global twist, our Swedish Meatball Noodle Bake promises a taste adventure that transports you to the warmth and flavors of Sweden in every delectable bite.”
Swedish Meatball Noodle Bake
2 tbsp olive oil
1 pound ground beef
1 large egg, beaten
½ c. breadcrumbs
½ onion, grated
½ tsp garlic powder
¼ tsp ground nutmeg
1 tsp Kosher salt
½ tsp freshly ground black pepper
For The Casserole
2 ½ c. egg noodles
1 c. beef broth
1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
1-pint heavy cream
1 ½ c. Swiss cheese, grated
Fresh parsley, chopped, for serving
Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Step 1: Prepare the oven. Preheat it to 375 degrees F. Using a nonstick spray, grease a 9 x 13-inch baking dish and set aside.
- Step 2: Place the beef, bread crumbs, egg, onion, nutmeg, garlic powder, salt, and pepper in a large bowl. Mix well until just combined. Scoop and roll 1 ½ tablespoons of the mixture into a ball. Repeat with the remaining mixture.
- Step 3: In a large skillet, heat the olive oil over medium-high heat. To the hot oil, add the meatballs and cook until all sides are browned. To a plate, transfer the meatballs and set aside.
- Step 4: In the meantime, cook the noodles in a large pot of salted boiling water for two minutes less than the package directions.
- Step 5: Add the broth, heavy cream, and Worcestershire sauce to the now-empty skillet and scrape up any browned bits on the bottom of the pan. Allow the mixture to simmer for about 10 minutes until a little thickened. To taste, season with salt and pepper. Then, take the skillet off the heat.
- Step 6: Into the prepared baking dish, add the pasta and top with meatballs. Over the pasta and meatballs, evenly pour the sauce and sprinkle with cheese.
- Step 7: Place in the preheated oven and bake for about 20 minutes or until the cheese has melted and is bubbly. Remove from the oven when done and allow the casserole to sit for about 5 minutes.
- Step 8: Serve and enjoy!