“Step into a world of Southern charm and timeless flavors with our Buttermilk Pie. This beloved creation takes a handful of simple ingredients and transforms them into a dessert that’s both rustic and elegant, capturing the essence of classic home baking. Imagine a velvety custard filling, subtly tangy and sweet, nestled within a delicate and flaky pie crust. With every bite, you’ll experience the delightful contrast of smooth and creamy textures, all brought together by the warm embrace of buttermilk. Each forkful evokes memories of front porch swings and family gatherings, where the joy of shared moments was as essential as the dessert itself. Whether enjoyed as a heartwarming slice of nostalgia, a reminder of the beauty in simplicity, or a way to savor the art of traditional baking, our Buttermilk Pie promises a culinary journey that captures the spirit of comfort, tradition, and the magic of homemade desserts.”
1 ½ cups white sugar
½ cup butter, softened
3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
1 cup buttermilk
1 tablespoon lemon juice
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
⅛ teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg
1 (9 inch) unbaked pie crust
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Beat eggs until frothy. Add sugar, butter, and flour and beat until smooth.
- Stir in buttermilk, lemon juice, vanilla, and nutmeg. Pour into pie shell.
- Bake until center is firm, 40 to 60 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and cool for 1 hour before serving.