“Embark on a flavorful journey to the heart of Louisiana with our Cajun Chicken and Broccoli Alfredo. This captivating dish marries the robust Cajun spices with the creamy indulgence of Alfredo sauce, creating a symphony of flavors that’s as exciting as it is comforting. Imagine tender pieces of chicken seasoned with the vibrant essence of Cajun spices, served alongside crisp broccoli florets and alluring fettuccine bathed in a velvety Alfredo sauce. With every forkful, you’ll experience the tantalizing balance of heat, creaminess, and freshness that defines this culinary masterpiece. Whether shared as a soulful dinner for gatherings, a way to spice up your weeknight meals, or a tribute to the rich culinary heritage of Louisiana, our Cajun Chicken and Broccoli Alfredo promises an unforgettable taste adventure that captures the spirit of both comfort and spice.”
Cajun Chicken and Broccoli Alfredo
1 pound penne or other small pasta
2 cups broccoli florets
1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breast cutlets
2-3 tablespoons Cajun seasoning (see notes)
2 tablespoons olive oil
2 tablespoons butter
3 cloves garlic, minced
1/2 cup dry white wine
2 cups heavy cream
2 cups (8 ounces) Wisconsin parmesan cheese, shredded
Salt and pepper
- Heat oven to 200°F. In large pot, bring 4 quarts salted water to boil.
- Add pasta and cook until al dente, about 9 minutes. Drain pasta, reserving cooking water. Set pasta aside.
- Return cooking water to boil. Add broccoli; boil until just tender and bright green, about 2 minutes. Plunge immediately into bowl of ice water. Drain and set aside.
- Meanwhile, sprinkle both sides of chicken generously with Cajun seasoning.
- In large skillet, heat oil until shimmering. Arrange chicken in single layer and sauté, flipping once, until temperature on internal thermometer reaches 155°F, about 5 minutes per side. Remove from skillet, cover with foil and transfer to oven to keep warm.
- Wipe skillet with paper towel and return to stove. Over medium-high heat, melt butter and heat until foaming. Stir in garlic; sauté until fragrant, about 30 seconds.
- Whisk in wine; bring to simmer. Simmer until sauce has reduced by half, about 2 minutes.
- Whisk in cream; simmer until slightly thickened, about 2 minutes. Fold in parmesan cheese. Season with salt and pepper.
- Add reserved pasta to skillet and toss gently to coat. Arrange broccoli over pasta; top with chicken and garnish with additional parmesan cheese. Serve immediately.