You know I love my slow cooker. It is my best friend on busy weekdays. I love being able to throw a few ingredients in and dinner is ready in a few hours. My mom used to make this Slow Cooker Beef Tips & Noodles recipe all the time when I was younger, and she still makes it today.
- 2 pounds.Of beef stew meat.
- Canned condensed cream of mushroom soup; I used a 10-ounces can.
- Brown gravy mix; I used 1 packet.
- Beef broth; you’ll need approx. 1 cup.
- A medium-diced onion.
- 2 minced garlic cloves.
- 1 Tbsp.Of cornstarch, mixed with a Tbsp.Of water.
- First Step: Mix together the cream of mushroom soup, the gravy mix, the beef broth, the onion, and the garlic in a medium bowl. Whisk together. It’s OK if it has some lumps; they’ll smooth out during slow cooking.
- Second Step: Put your stew meat in a crockpot that holds 4 quarts. After pouring the gravy mixture over the meat, combine the two by giving it a little swirl. Cook, covered, on LOW for a period of 7 hours.
- Third Step: When the meat is done cooking, take it from the pan using a slotted spoon and put it aside. Combine cornstarch and water and stir it in (this will thicken up the gravy.)
- Fourth Step: Once the gravy has thickened, return the meat to the crockpot and simmer for an additional 5 minutes.
- Fifth Step: You can serve it over some mashed potatoes or some egg noodles.