“Indulge in the ultimate comfort of flavors and textures with our delectable Hashbrown Casserole. This dish is a harmonious blend of crispy hashbrowns, savory cheeses, and a medley of seasonings, all baked to golden perfection. Whether enjoyed as a satisfying breakfast, a hearty brunch addition, or a crowd-pleasing side dish, our Hashbrown Casserole promises to awaken your taste buds and satisfy your cravings. Join us on a culinary journey that combines simplicity and scrumptiousness in every forkful, as we delve into the heartwarming delight that is our Hashbrown Casserole.”
30 oz frozen shredded hash brown potatoes thawed
2 tbsp olive oil
1 yellow onion diced
3 large garlic cloves minced
1/4 cup all purpose flour
2 cups whole milk (can use reduced fat if needed)
1 cup chicken stock
1 cup sour cream
8 oz shredded sharp cheddar cheese
1 1/2 tbsp minced parsley (can use dried parsley if needed)
fresh cracked black pepper
1 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese topping
- Preheat oven to 350 and grease a 9×13 casserole baking dish.
- Preheat medium pot over medium heat on stove-top.
- Add oil, heat it through and add onions. Saute onions until they start to brown.
- Smash and mince garlic and add it to the onions. Stir and saute until fragrant.
- Sprinkle flour over the onions and stir well. Stir for a few seconds and start slowly pouring in chicken stock, while stirring. Pour in milk after that while stirring as well.
- Let the mixture heat through and start to thicken.
- Stir in sour cream, cheese, salt, and pepper. Let the mixture cook and thicken as the cheese melts. Taste to make sure you have enough seasoning.
- Stir in parsley.
- Mix hash browns and cheese sauce in a large bowl and spread the mixture in the prepared casserole dish. Make sure it’s all spread evenly throughout.
- Spread some more cheese on top and bake for 35-40 minutes, until casserole browned and bubbles around the edges.