“Embark on a journey to the heart of authentic flavors with our Homemade Flour Tortillas. This delightful creation invites you to experience the magic of crafting soft and versatile tortillas right in your own kitchen. Imagine tender rounds of dough, skillfully rolled and expertly cooked until they puff and develop the signature golden spots. Each tortilla offers a symphony of textures and tastes that capture the essence of time-honored techniques and the joy of savoring handmade creations. With every fold and bite, you’ll experience the harmonious blend of pliability and the comforting aroma of freshly baked bread, evoking memories of warm kitchens and gatherings around the table. Whether enjoyed as a vessel for your favorite fillings, a way to elevate your taco game, or a celebration of the art of making from scratch, our Homemade Flour Tortillas promise a culinary journey that captures the heart of tradition and the pleasures of savoring the simple, yet deeply satisfying, magic of homemade goodness.”
Homemade Flour Tortilla
1 & ½ cups (180g) all-purpose flour, spoon and leveled
½ teaspoon salt
1 & ½ teaspoons baking powder
3 tablespoons vegetable oil
½ cup (120mL) warm water
- In a large mixing bowl, combine flour, salt, and baking powder. Whisk to combine.
- Add vegetable oil and warm water to the dry ingredients. Mix until the dough starts to come together into a ball. Turn the dough onto a lightly floured work surface and knead until it becomes smooth and soft (about 1 to 2 minutes).
- Divide and shape the dough into 8 even balls. Cover and let the balls rest for 15-20 minutes.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll each ball of dough out until it’s very thin (under ⅛ inch). Heat a large skillet over medium-low heat. Place on tortilla into the skillet and cook for about 1 to 2 minutes on the first side. You’ll know it’s time to flip once the bottom has golden brown spots and the top starts to bubble and puff up.
- Flip your dough and cook the other side until you start to see golden spots (about 30 seconds). Take the tortilla out of your skillet and place it on a tea towel lined plate or a tortilla keeper. Cover the dough with a tea towel or lid to prevent it from drying out.
- Repeat the cooking and covering process with your remaining dough. Make sure you leave your tortillas tightly covered until you’re just ready to serve to prevent having them dry out.
- Tortillas are best served fresh and warm.