“Awaken your taste buds with the zesty allure of our Lemon Curd Cookies. These delicate treats are a symphony of flavors, where the tangy brightness of fresh lemons meets the tender embrace of buttery cookies. Imagine biting into a golden masterpiece, its exterior gently crusted and its interior soft and inviting. With each nibble, you’ll discover the exquisite contrast between the subtly sweet cookie and the vibrant burst of lemon curd that oozes from within. These cookies are a celebration of the citrusy essence of summer, a reminder that even the simplest ingredients can create moments of pure culinary delight. Whether savored as an afternoon pick-me-up, a delightful addition to tea time, or a charming gift that spreads smiles, our Lemon Curd Cookies promise to transport you to a world of sunny indulgence with every delectable bite.”
Lemon Curd Cookies
1 cup unsalted butter, softened
½ cup granulated sugar
2 large egg yolks
1 Tbsp grated lemon zest
1 Tbsp fresh lemon juice
½ tsp kosher salt
2½ cup all-purpose flour
1 cup Lemon Curd, or store-bought
- Heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Line two half-sheet-pan baking sheets with parchment or nonstick liners.
- Beat butter and sugar in a large bowl with mixer until well blended.
- Beat in yolks, lemon zest, lemon juice, and salt.
- Beat in flour just until moist clumps form. Gather dough together in bowl to bind.
- Shape scant tablespoons of dough into 1-inch balls.
- Place balls on prepared sheets, spacing them 1 inch apart.
- Using a floured finger or something that will give a good round shape (I used the back of a small pestle), make a deep indentation in center of each ball.
- Bake cookies until firm and lightly golden on bottom, about 18 to 20 minutes.
- Remove cookies from oven and immediately fill indentations with curd.
- Return to oven and bake 2 minutes longer to set curd.
- Bake remaining cookies. Lightly dust edges with confectioners’ sugar before serving.