“Journey back to a simpler time and savor the comforting sweetness of our Pioneer Pecan Pie. Rooted in tradition and made with care, this classic dessert pays homage to the rustic elegance of old-fashioned baking. Imagine a golden, flaky crust cradling a rich filling of toasted pecans, bound together in a velvety blend of caramelized sweetness. Each slice is a taste of nostalgia, a reminder of days when homemade pies were crafted with love and enjoyed around the family table. Whether shared as the centerpiece of a holiday feast, a cherished treat that brings generations together, or a moment of indulgence that soothes the soul, our Pioneer Pecan Pie offers a slice of tradition that transcends time, celebrating the art of crafting desserts that warm both the heart and the palate.”
Pioneer Pecan Pie
1 pie crust, homemade or store-bought (plus extra dough for decorating, optional)
1 1/2 cups brown sugar
1/2 cup white sugar
3/4 cup (1 1/2 sticks) unsalted butter, melted and browned (optional)
3 large eggs
1 1/2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
1 1/2 tablespoons heavy cream
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 375º F and roll out pie crust to a 12 or 13-inch circle, big enough to fit a springform pan or tart or pie dish.
- Gently place dough in pan, pressing into the bottom and sides of pan and trimming excess.
- Optional: cut out pie dough flowers or other designs to decorate crust later.
- Place pie dish in fridge until ready to fill.
- In a large bowl, beat eggs until foamy and fluffy, then beat in browned butter.
- Once combined, beat in brown and white sugar until sugar granules are dissolved.
- Sprinkle in flour, cinnamon and salt, then stir in heavy cream and vanilla extract.
- Once fully incorporated, fold in pecans, then pour mixture into pie crust.
- Decorate pie crust with any pecans or cut outs you made earlier.
- Place pie pan in oven and bake for 40-50 minutes, or until center is just set and no longer jiggly.
- Remove from oven and let cool completely before serving.