Experience a classic comfort dish that’s as timeless as it is tantalizing – Scalloped Potatoes. With each creamy, layered slice, you’ll find yourself immersed in a world of velvety textures and indulgent flavors. These potatoes, thinly sliced and nestled in a velvety embrace of rich cream and melted cheese, create a harmonious symphony of taste and comfort. Baked to golden perfection, each forkful is a journey through layers of culinary craftsmanship, where the simplicity of ingredients transforms into a dish that’s nothing short of extraordinary. Whether enjoyed as a side or the star of the show, Scalloped Potatoes are a celebration of culinary tradition that invites you to relish in the art of simplicity, richness, and the heartwarming embrace of a well-crafted comfort dish.
4cups thinly sliced potatoes
1 1⁄2cups milk
1dash cayenne pepper
1cup grated sharp cheddar cheese
1⁄2cup grated cheese, to sprinkle on top
- In a small sauce pan, melt butter and blend in flour.
- Let sit for a minute.
- Add all of cold milk, stirring with a whisk.
- Season with salt and cayenne.
- Cook sauce on low until smooth and boiling, stirring occasionally with a whisk.
- Reduce heat and stir in cheese.
- Place a half of the sliced potatoes in a lightly greased one quart casserole dish.
- Pour half of cheese sauce over potatoes.
- Repeat with second layer of potatoes and cheese sauce.
- Sprinkle the remaining cheese on top.
- Top with some paprika for color.
- Bake uncovered for about 1 hour at 350°F.