“Delight in a savory symphony of flavors with our Cube Steak Smothered with Onion Gravy. This hearty dish takes tender cube steak and transforms it into a culinary masterpiece that’s a testament to comfort food at its finest. Imagine succulent pieces of steak seared to perfection, then nestled in a rich and flavorful onion gravy that’s both satisfying and indulgent. Each bite offers a harmonious balance of meaty goodness and the aromatic essence of caramelized onions, creating a sensation that warms the heart and pleases the palate. Whether enjoyed as a soul-soothing dinner on a chilly evening, a homage to Southern-style cooking, or a way to savor the simple pleasures of a well-prepared meal, our Cube Steak Smothered with Onion Gravy is a culinary journey that celebrates the art of comfort and flavor.”
Cube Steak Smothered with Onion Gravy
1 ½ pounds cube steak, tenderized before cooking
14 ounces beef broth
⅓ cup flour
½ garlic salt
Salt and pepper to taste
1 large onion diced
½ cup vegetable oil
1 package dry onion soup mix
- FIRST STEP:
- In a shallow dish, combine the flour, pepper and garlic salt
- Flour both sides of the cube steak
- SECOND STEP:
- In a large skillet, heat the oil and cook the cube steaks over medium high heat, 5 minutes each side
- Remove the meat and set to the side
- THIRD STEP:
- Add the onion, broth and onion soup mix. Scrape the bottom of the pan to get the browned bits up.
- If you want to thicken the gravy more than it is, add some flour left from the dredging process.
- FOURTH STEP:
- Bring to a simmer, cooking until the onions are soft.
- Place the steaks back into the skillet, flipping to coat and warm both sides.