“Experience the taste of summer’s bounty with our Easy Peach Dumplings. This delightful dessert encapsulates the essence of warm days and ripe peaches, offering a combination of tender fruit and flaky pastry that’s as comforting as it is delicious. Imagine juicy peach halves, gently nestled in a buttery, cinnamon-infused cocoon, and baked to perfection. With every bite, you’ll taste the natural sweetness of the peaches harmonizing with the delicate pastry, creating a symphony of flavors that evoke memories of orchard picnics and lazy afternoons. Whether enjoyed as a sweet treat after a hearty meal, a cozy comfort food to share with friends and family, or a way to savor the fleeting taste of summer, our Easy Peach Dumplings promise to bring a touch of sunshine to your dessert table.”
Easy Peach Dumplings
2 15 oz canned peaches, drained
2 8 ounce refrigerated crescent roll dough
1 cup (2 sticks) butter
2/3 cup granulated sugar
2/3 cup brown sugar
3 teaspoons cinnamon
1 ½ cups cup sprite or citrus soda
vanilla ice cream, for serving
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F and thoroughly grease a 9×13 baking dish.
- Open crescent dough and separate into triangles.
- Place one or two peach slices (depending on size) at the wide end of the dough triangle. Sprinkle with a pinch of cinnamon and roll dough around peach.
- Once dough is secure, move dumpling to the baking dish. Repeat with the rest of the dough.
- Melt the two sticks of butter in a large bowl and combine with the white sugar, brown sugar, and the remaining cinnamon until smooth.
- Using a large spoon, pour the butter mixture over the dumplings.
- Pour the Sprite around the dough avoiding the tops for a crispy crust to the dumplings.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes or until the dough is just browning on top.
- Serve warm and top with vanilla ice cream.