Step right up to a carnival of flavor and nostalgia with a treat that brings the joy of fairgrounds and festivities to your fingertips — Funnel Cake Bites. These delectable morsels take the beloved funnel cake and transform it into bite-sized delights that capture the essence of indulgence in every mouthful. With their golden, crispy exteriors and tender, airy interiors, Funnel Cake Bites offer a symphony of textures and a touch of powdered sugar sweetness that evokes memories of fun-filled days. As we explore the magic behind this portable twist on a classic treat, we’ll uncover the art of achieving the perfect balance of crispness and fluffiness, the techniques that ensure that coveted funnel cake flavor, and the sheer joy that Funnel Cake Bites bring to those seeking a taste of whimsical delight, anytime and anywhere.
Funnel Cake Bites
2 cups of milk
2 teaspoons of vanilla
2 cups of flour
pinch of salt
1 teaspoon of baking soda
2 tablespoons of sugar
6 table spoons of butter- Melted
- In a medium size bowl mix your milk, egg, vanilla, and butter together.
- Then add in your salt, baking soda, and sugar.
- Slowly fold in flour until batter becomes smooth.
- Pour your batter mixture into a gallon size Ziplock baggy and set aside for a few minutes.
- Pour vegetable oil into a frying pan until your oil is about a half inch deep.
- Turn burner on high heat for about two minutes and then turn down to medium heat.
- Check your oil by dropping a small drop of batter into oi. If it begins to show bubbles around the edges then it is ready. If not than turn it up a bit again until it is good and hot.
- Take scissors and cut a small hole into the bottom corner of the baggie. Slowly drizzle batter into 1 to 2 circles and cook until golden brown on the bottom half.
- Gently flip them over with a slotted metal spatula and cook again until the bottom half is golden brown.
- Place on paper towels to soak up most of the grease and sprinkle with powdered sugar.
- Serve with whip cream or fruit to top them off with.
- CAUTION- Working with any kind of hot oil can be dangerous. Make sure you take proper precautions when making these. The oil does not need to be on a high heat at all. Just enough to make it warm and keep it warm.