Indulge in a slice of pure Southern comfort with our Peach Cobbler Pound Cake. This delightful confection is a harmonious blend of two beloved classics – the timeless pound cake and the luscious flavors of peach cobbler. With each forkful, you’ll experience the buttery richness of a perfectly baked pound cake, complemented by the sweet, juicy essence of ripe peaches and a hint of warm spices. This dessert is a nostalgic journey to lazy summer afternoons and gatherings filled with laughter and shared stories. The Peach Cobbler Pound Cake embodies the spirit of tradition while inviting you to explore a new realm of taste and texture. Whether served as the crowning glory of a special occasion or enjoyed as a comforting treat on an ordinary day, this cake is a tribute to the art of baking and the joy of savoring every bite. Join us in savoring a slice that captures the essence of Southern hospitality and the irresistible allure of homemade goodness.
Peach Cobbler Pound Cake
1 1/2 cups unsalted butter
2 cups sugar
3 tablespoons brown sugar
4 eggs, separated
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
3/4 cup peach schnapps
1/4 cup buttermilk
3 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
3 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon
1 teaspoon nutmeg
2 cans (15 oz each) sliced peaches in heavy syrup, drained
- Step 1: Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F. In a small mixing bowl, combine brown sugar and 1/2 teaspoon of cinnamon.
- Step 2: Generously butter a 10-inch bundt pan and sprinkle it with the cinnamon brown sugar mixture, ensuring even coating.
- Step 3: In a medium bowl, mix the sliced peaches, 2 teaspoons of cinnamon, and 1/2 teaspoon of nutmeg. Set aside.
- Step 4: In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, salt, remaining cinnamon, and nutmeg. Set aside.
- Step 5: In a separate small bowl, beat the egg whites until firm. Set aside.
- Step 6: In a large bowl, cream the butter and sugar at medium speed until fluffy. Add the egg yolks one at a time, beating well after each addition. Stir in the peach schnapps and vanilla extract.
- Step 7: Gradually add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients, mixing gently but thoroughly. Fold in the buttermilk and beaten egg whites.
- Step 8: Pour half of the batter into the prepared pan. Layer the peaches on top, reserving some for serving with the finished cake. Finally, pour the remaining batter over the peaches.
- Step 9: Bake for approximately 90 minutes. Start checking after 60 minutes using a cake tester. If it comes out clean, the cake is done. Remove from the oven and allow it to cool in the pan.
- Step 10: Once cooled for 10-20 minutes, carefully remove the cake from the pan and transfer it to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Enjoy the delightful flavors of this Peach Cobbler Pound Cake, and don’t forget to share the recipe with your friends and loved ones. It’s the perfect treat for any occasion!