Step into a world where comfort and nutrition come together in a bowl of warmth and flavor — introducing Vegetable Beef Soup. This creation is a celebration of hearty goodness, where a medley of vibrant vegetables and succulent beef unite to create a symphony of textures and tastes that nourish both body and soul. With each spoonful, you’ll experience the rich umami of beef, the freshness of vegetables, and the comforting embrace of a well-crafted broth. As we explore the world of Vegetable Beef Soup, we’ll uncover the techniques that ensure the perfect balance of flavors, the art of combining ingredients that create a satisfying and wholesome dish, and the sheer joy it brings to those who seek a meal that’s both nourishing and heartwarming. Join us on a journey through flavor and comfort, where each bowl is a moment of culinary satisfaction.
Vegetable Beef Soup
1 1/2 lbs beef stew meat
2 1/2 Tbsp olive oil, divided
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
1 3/4 cups chopped yellow onion (1 large)
1 1/4 cups peeled and chopped carrots (3 medium)
1 cup chopped celery (3 medium)
1 1/2 Tbsp minced garlic (4 cloves)
8 cups low-sodium beef broth or chicken broth
2 (14 oz.) cans diced tomatoes
1 1/2 tsp dried basil
1 tsp dried oregano
1/2 tsp dried thyme
1 lb red or yellow potatoes, chopped into 3/4-inch cubes
1 1/2 cups (5 oz.) chopped green beans (trim ends first)
1 1/2 cups frozen corn
1 cup frozen peas
1/3 cup chopped fresh parsley
- Heat 1 Tbsp olive oil in a large pot over medium-high heat.
- Dab beef dry with paper towels, season with salt and pepper then add half of the beef to pot and brown about 4 minutes, turning halfway through.
- Transfer to a plate add another 1/2 Tbsp oil to pot and repeat process with remaining half of beef.
- Add another 1 Tbsp oil to now empty pot then add onions, carrots, and celery then saute 3 minutes, add garlic saute 1 minute longer.
- Pour in broth, tomatoes, browned beef, basil, oregano, thyme and season with salt and pepper. Bring to a boil then reduce heat to low, cover and simmer, stirring once or twice throughout, for 30 minutes.
- Add potatoes then continue to simmer, covered, 20 minutes (you can also add green beans with potatoes if you like them very soft).
- Stir in green beans and simmer 15 minutes longer, or until all of the veggies and beef are tender.
- Pour in corn and peas and simmer until heated through, about 5 minutes. Stir in parsley and serve warm.